At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze income tax records and returns of individuals and flow through businesses to identity planning opportunities.
- Partner with other highly-credentialed professionals on the team and NM advisors to deliver planning strategies and solution recommendations for clients.
- Stay current on income tax laws/regulations and tax planning trends.
- Consult with attorneys and accountants to implement strategies and solve complex planning issues on behalf of clients
- Research and analyze tax issues to assist NM advisors
- Deliver tax and financial projections for use in planning engagements
- Serve as a thought leader on income tax related topics
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in Accounting preferred.
- Active CPA license.
- Minimum of 7 tyears relevant individual income tax experience with a national, regional or local accounting firm, family office or financial services company. Trust and estate tax experience is preferred.
- Client centric verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on ability to articulate complex information in an understandable way
- Experience in high-net-worth individuals
- Familiarity with income tax planning software and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information and tax law
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work on a team
#LI-Hybrid > partially onsite, partially remote
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups