At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC , located in Milwaukee, WI, is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company with over $250 billion in assets under management (AUM).
Northwestern Mutual’s Public Investment Department manages over $100 billion in investment grade and high yield fixed income assets backing NM’s General Account insurance products and retirement plan assets and oversees more than half of the company’s total General Account assets. The team actively manages these assets with a goal of generating long-run total returns in excess of benchmarks, while also pursuing other goals of the company.
We are looking for an individual with a strong background in economic research and quantitative data analysis. This role will serve on the Macroeconomics Team in the Public Investment Department. This role will also collaborate with the Investment Strategy, Investment Risk and Operations, Treasury, Compliance and Law departments.
- Conduct fundamental economic research and quantitative/statistical analysis.
- Evaluating potential portfolio and duration strategies within a total return context and the investment policy guidelines of various portfolios.
- Produce concise written research and presentations.
- Participate in and Conduct morning meetings for Managed Investments.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with Wall Street economists and understand points of differentiation.
- Present economic data and views to senior members of the investment management team and senior management across the company.
- Work with Treasury, the Asset Allocation team, and Portfolio Managers to ensure cash balances are fully invested and liquidity is available to support trades, benchmark adjustments, and corporate operating needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance. Master of Science or a PhD with an emphasis on economics would be a plus.
- CFA designation or progress toward a CFA designation is expected.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in economic research or quantitative data analysis.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Experience with geopolitical and strategic analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in conducting presentations.
- Works well independently, while promoting and contributing to a strong team dynamic.
- High level of initiative, motivation, leadership, and ownership.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups