At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong and diverse sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the Northwestern Mutual Basecamp and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Field Strategy Development and in alignment with the MYS - Sales Effectiveness initiative, you will partner directly with advisors in our CX Transformation Network Offices to understand an advisor's sales practices, identify friction points in their end-to-end sales process, test best practices, and analyze collected data to assess varying impacts to sales and production.
- Support strategic initiatives that are transforming the client experience - through building partnerships and managing relationships with field stakeholders, office leaders, pilot FRs, and support staff within field offices
- Collect the data points, insights, and feedback directly from field partners needed to help home office business teams understand advisor practices, measure outcomes of strategic initiatives, make design decisions, influence implementation approaches, and better understand the field experience
- Analyze the data points collected from field partners in concert with home office generated data fields to assess the impacts, effectiveness, and experiences of the field when using various tools and processes
- Manage, synthesize, and report the data, feedback, and insights collected from our field partners to home office stakeholders to support their learnings and decision-making activities
- Foster the understanding and adoption of the tools and processes the HO is developing to enhance the client experience with our field partners
- Own and maintain relationships with home office stakeholders and business owners working with our team to gain awareness to planned tool enhancements, design considerations, and new priorities
- Build understanding of general functionality and processes associated with existing digital tools supported by the home office
- Work in an agile and ambiguous environment, flexing to address various topics, issues, and questions
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of project tools used by the Field Engagement team to manage data, collect feedback, measure outcomes and report findings
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing large or complex concurrent assignments
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience solving problems in business operations, complex processes, sales/distribution organizations, new products or other related industry.
- Proven ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and influence without authority across all levels in the organization and the field
- Expectation to travel 20-25%
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation; ability to deliver information, well-organized documentation, and presentations.
- Ability to rise above outmoded practices and solve problems in newer, better ways in a team environment.
- Ability to think analytically, creatively and at deep levels of abstraction.
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business unit from people, process, and technology perspectives.
- CL&I mindset (looking for improvement along the way)
- Knowledge of Northwestern Mutual’s financial planning process, products or field operations preferred
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups