At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We’re looking for an experienced full stack engineer to help maintain existing applications and services, as well as, deliver new capabilities for our Client Website, where users are able to see a holistic picture of their information and products. You will be immersed in modern tools and technologies to get the job done, such as AWS Cloud infrastructure and platform services, NodeJS micro-services, and a robust CI/CD pipeline. As an engineer, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, solving complex problems and collaborating with architects and designers to deliver software our users will love.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and micro services hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience writing SQL
- Experience building robust and easy to consume RESTful APIs.
- Self-motivated and driven. A teammate that effectively works well with other engineers, product owners, and non-technical roles.
- 3+ years of development experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build day-to-day like a start-up - incrementally and iteratively - but with the security and resources of an enterprise budget.
- Release to production early and often - you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in MVPs.
- Work with a hardworking, mission-driven, fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality.
Further impress us with:
- AWS experience with platform services
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with application monitoring
- Strong front-end tool belt (such as, React/Redux, TypeScript ES6, Webpack, SaaS)
- Experience creating and maintaining GraphQL services
- Advocate of test driven development, with experience using unit testing frameworks such as Jest
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
- Knowledge of engineering standards; including analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Insurance and Investment account domain (Life Insurance products, Annuities, Long Term Care, Disability Insurance, Investments)
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hack-a-thons/Commitment to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups