At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Our Long-Term Care (LTC) software engineering team is looking to grow with Full Stack Engineers skilled in Java, Spring Boot and IBM MQ technologies to join us in working on a variety of tasks and projects. Gain exposure to multiples platforms and systems that interact with this system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, design, build and maintain responsive web applications
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, peer reviews and documentations
- Develop software using established development and continuous integration practices
- Learn the business while growing your technical skills
- Apply established monitoring and automation processes
- Work with other engineers on a collaborative Agile team to deliver code on an ongoing basis
- Participates in setting team standards and methodology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years professional experience in core programming Skills – Java / Spring Boot / IBM MQ and SQL Server
- Interest in infrastructure/DevOps.
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- A continuous learning approach
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to learn varied technologies
- Experience with engineering standard methodologies to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Bring your new insights to enhance our software solutions!
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/SAFe, a plus
- Strong communication skills, with willingness to work/interact with product owners and business clients
- Willingness to work with NM engineers on other interfacing teams to solve problems or meet a requirement
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups