At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build the next generation of digital tools (both front-end and back-end components) in support of our company’s strategic objectives. As a member of our scrum team the role requires an agile engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver that enjoys coding including unit and automation testing. They are excited by the ideas of continuous integration and continuous delivery. They are driven to constantly improve and refine not only their own abilities but their organization as well.
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support back-office facing web applications and services
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with Git or other source control management
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to drive assignments to completion
- Effective communication skills: explain technical solutions to both engineering and non-technical teammates.
- Enjoy fast-paced environments and working in teams
- Team player: brings out the best in fellow engineers and plays well with product owners and designers
- Mentoring junior developers
- Nice to haves: background with large enterprise projects, familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes
- Casual, Challenging and Collaborative Environment
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups