At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a talented Front End engineer with Full Stack tendencies to come join a team of engineers passionate about creating high-quality, flexible code in NM’s Service Request Center.
Technologies we use:
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years professional experience required
- Strong understanding of REST API principles and best practices
- Proficiency with CSS preprocessors, such as SASS
- Expertise in Node.js
- Proficient with React
- Proficient with Git
- Understanding of security and compliance principles and implementations
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team of diverse skills. Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Modern Java experience
- Kafka experience
- Experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL).
- Basic understanding of design patterns
- Proficiency in building modular applications
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups