At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We embrace cutting-edge technologies to enable our business to grow at an unprecedented rate and are looking for great people to help drive this transformation.
You will be joining the Planning Experience Team. This Team is responsible for the software platform that helps our financial representatives engage with their clients, run financial simulations that emphasize the value of products that NM offers.
We work in a fast-paced agile environment. We embrace out-of-box thinking, bold ideas, experimentation and the eagerness to continuously learn. We are not shy about trying new technologies and challenge our own ideas. We live by concepts of fail-fast, continuously deploy and automate everything. We believe in full ownership: our teams are responsible for all aspects of their software, from architecture and testing to production monitoring and performance optimizations.
As for technology, we believe in using the right tool for the job and espouse a microservices architecture. Our apps are mostly written in React/Node.js and API in Java/Kotlin using the Spring Boot framework. We use multiple data stores such as MongoDB, Redis and Amazon S3. We run our services in Kubernetes on top of AWS.
Your role will include:
- Be a vital part of engineering team, participate in architecture, implementation and health of the platform
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with product, QA and design teams, share your ideas and help shape the future of the platform
- Be responsible for and own feature development from early stages to production release and beyond
- knowledge of current trends, best practices, and web standards
- Understanding of fundamental CSS paradigms and frameworks
- Experience with React/Redux/Sagas
- Experience with build tools (Webpack, Rollup, Babel etc.)
- Experience with Java or Kotlin and REST API
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups