At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC , located in Milwaukee, WI, is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company with over $250 billion in assets under management (AUM).
Northwestern Mutual’s Public Investment Department manages over $100 billion in investment grade and high yield fixed income assets backing NM’s General Account insurance products and retirement plan assets and oversees more than half of the company’s total General Account assets. The team actively manages these assets with a goal of generating long-run total returns in excess of benchmarks, while also pursuing other goals of the company.
Our Public Investment team seeks an Investment Grade Corporate Bond and Cash Trader for its portfolio management team that manages over $75 billion of cash and investment grade credit in a variety of client portfolios. This role will be on the Credit Trading Team in the Public Investment Department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving and disseminating relevant market information to the credit analysts and portfolio managers
- Creating and maintaining strong professional relationships with trading counterparties, sourcing securities and performing cash and other corporate bond trades under the direction of the portfolio managers and senior traders.
- Focus on risk-adjusted return and relative value is required as the portfolio is managed for total return against industry benchmarks.
- Search for and find efficiencies in Trading operations benefiting the team and department as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree with an emphasis in finance or a CFA would be a plus.
- Strong interest in credit trading.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Market Access and/or other electronic trading platforms.
- Experience in SQL, Python, R, Power BI and/or Tableau preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in trading Cash, IG Credit or EM helpful.
- Work well independently, while promoting and contributing to a strong team dynamic.
- Strong negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, reliability, and motivation.
- Promote a culture of mutual respect and courtesy
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups