At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Establishes specifications and guidelines for Actuarial valuation and financial reporting systems to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and analysis of business information used for calculating reserves, tax reporting, annual statement reporting, actuarial studies, and other management reports. Works with Information Systems, Controllers, and Actuarial Department personnel to produce the required information.
- Keeps abreast of new product developments, NAIC requirements and internal processing and reporting changes of other departments.
- Researches and analyzes reserve issues and notifies top management of unusual trends.
- Coordinates and records reserve data and is involved in preparing data for expenses, premiums, dividends and other items for the Company's annual Statement and Product Line Financial reports.
- Works with internal auditors, and is a key contributor of information for annual external financial audits.
- Ensures the transactions are being recorded accurately within the valuation system to provide data for lapse and mortality studies. Works with Information Systems on proper recording of lapses, deaths and issues for new products.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Mathematics, or related major strongly preferred. Associate degree and/or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an accounting related position.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, audit principals, and Company operations in general.
- Knowledge of client computing tools such as Excel and SAS and experience with general ledger and financial reporting applications such as PeopleSoft and Cognos.
- Strong systems background in both mainframe and PC systems.
- Strong knowledge of company's product lines, as well as NAIC reporting requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong analytical ability
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups