At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
This role resides in Shared Business Services as part of the Financial Planning Services (FPS) operations team. FPS provides integrated financial planning support to advisors and Network Office teams. The Financial Planning Operations Lead creates basic to intermediate level complexity plans and investment cases, applying foundational planning and investment knowledge to provide flexibility on standard work. With guidance, the incumbent understands and applies special instructions outside of standards. Key responsibilities also include providing general phone, chat and email support to advisors and planning teams regarding work requests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete basic to intermediate plans and investment cases with a high degree of accuracy for general FPS subscribers.
- Use basic planning and investment knowledge to provide flexibility on standard work.
- With guidance, understand and apply special instructions that are outside of standards. Make recommendations for improving standard work and/or work processes.
- Read and interpret output of plans and/or investment kits and can recognize and resolve basic inconsistencies. May need to escalate to address those requiring more advanced knowledge.
- Learning specifics and applying knowledge of NM products that relate to risk and investments.
- Perform final quality checks for peers and more junior staff.
- Cross-train in multiple services.
- Provide general phone, chat and email support to advisors and planning teams regarding work requests, applying basic knowledge of planning, investments and technologies used by SBS/FPS.
- Mentor less experienced staff in technologies and standard work to transfer data from multiple and varying sources into planning and investment software to create complete and accurate output.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree in business or finance/accounting or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Previous knowledge and work experience in Financial Planning Services.
- Basic knowledge of NM risk & investment products. Ability to apply knowledge of investment and/or planning fundamentals to deviate from standard work/processes when appropriate to produce a more accurate output.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Quickly learn and work across multiple technologies. Ability to shift between work tasks with minimal interruption. Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced and continuous improvement environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of clients' financial information. Customer-service mentality.
- Non-Registered Fingerprinted.
Analytical Problem Solving - Basic
Customer Service - Intermediate
Data Integrity - Intermediate
Employee Coaching - Basic
Financial Analysis - Basic
Financial Planning - Basic
Handle Confidential Information - Intermediate
Process Improvement - Basic
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups