At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.Job Description
This role resides in Shared Business Services as part of the Financial Planning Services (FPS) operations team. FPS provides integrated financial planning support to advisors and Network Office teams. Create medium to complex plans and/or investment cases through application of planning and/or investment background/knowledge, critical thinking and understanding of advisor intent. Work with advisors or staff to address questions specific to work processed. Act as a resource to less experienced staff, and provide training and coaching.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply planning and/or investment background/knowledge to process medium to difficult level planning and/or investment cases with a high degree of accuracy for handling FPS subscribers.
- Use judgment, along with planning and investment knowledge, to understand advisor intent to grant flexibility to standard work.
- Read, interpret and apply case notes and/or special instructions to supplement information provided on source documents such as the Factfinder. May require some guidance to implement.
- Implement improvements to standard work and/or work processes.
- Proficient in multiple services.
- Read and interpret output of plans and/or investment kits and able to recognize and resolve inconsistencies. Able to address those requiring more advanced knowledge.
- Apply basic knowledge and understanding of NM products, platforms and services to the service offerings.
- Perform final quality checks for peers and more junior staff. Provide guidance and expertise on FPS operations procedures and standards and FPA use of various technologies.
- May be tapped for experiments intended to evolve service offerings and subscriber deliverables.
- May assist with dashboards, performance boards and other related duties as appropriate.
- Work directly with advisors or staff to address questions specific to work processed by SBS team. Discuss with subscribers how NM risk and/or investment products relate to the output.
- Serve as a resource to less experienced staff in when and how to grant flexibility in standard work based on what advisor is trying to achieve. Ability to train basic and foundational topics. Has basic training skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Non-Registered Fingerprinted or FINRA series 6 or 7 preferred.
- 1-2 years of financial services experience with demonstrated knowledge & understanding of NM products, markets, technologies & services.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to positively influence, work cooperatively, and collaborate with individuals in the department and the field to maintain maximum operational efficiency.
- Experience consulting with or providing support to advisors preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of the operational tasks related to FPS services. Cross-trained and proficient execution on multiple services.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced and continuous improvement environment. Maintains confidentiality of clients' financial information and has a customer-service mindset.
Analytical Problem Solving - Intermediate
Customer Service - Intermediate
Data Integrity - Advanced
Employee Coaching - Intermediate
Financial Analysis - Intermediate
Financial Planning - Intermediate
Financial Statement Analysis - Basic
Handle Confidential Information - Advanced
Process Improvement - Intermediate
Workflow Optimization - Basic
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups