At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves
Identify, design and lead sustainable business solutions intended to develop/increase individual and organizational strengths with the goal of driving achievement of current and future business goals. In collaboration with department leaders and key stakeholders, provide subject matter expertise relevant to developing solutions that address talent/organizational issues through projects related to: Organizational Design; Team Building; Change Management; Performance Management Talent Assessment; Coaching; Succession Planning; Learning Needs Assessment; Employee Engagement Leadership; Executive Development; Leadership Development. As both a leader and a team player, work with individuals at all levels; consistently working to drive improvement, motivate and help bring out the best in those around you.
Aids the organization in delivering their business priorities by leading projects that may encompass one of the following:
· Organizational Design: Leads, designs and directs projects/processes to help clients design/redesign organizational structures and of work systems that maximize organizational performance by engaging employee commitment, enabling high performance, and responding to business needs.
· Team Building: Leads, designs and directs interventions/ training to help internal clients improve results achieved in teams through development of effective relationships, interaction skills and group processes.
· Change Management: Leads, designs and directs change management initiatives to help business clients plan and execute major change, building in elements to increase the probability that people will successfully adapt to the change and that business objectives will be realized.
· Performance Management: Develops and provides managers the tools, skills and knowledge to create effective performance management plans in conjunction with their employees.
· Coaching: Provides individualized coaching, including use of feedback, identification of development needs, creation of a development plan and follow up on progress.
· Succession Planning: Assists the Director in consulting with clients on management talent review and succession planning. Assists in the assessment of talent in clients' organizations, planning for future development and succession.
· Learning Needs Assessment: Participates in the development of diagnostic processes to help clients diagnose individual and organizational learning needs, creates and delivers (or prepares others to deliver) training and other learning activities, and facilitates the application of learning to the work environment.
· Employee Engagement: Develops and coordinates company strategies designed to improve organizational employee engagement. Contributes to the retention and development of the workforce by integrating engagement strategies into organizational practices.
· Leadership Development: Assist in leading leadership development programs, initiates and operations focused on leadership development.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
· Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on Business, Organizational Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related experience.
· Solid understanding of all areas of people practices.
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience relevant to organizational consulting/organizational effectiveness/performance consulting/business improvement.
· Strong analytical and research skills with proven ability to absorb complex information and independently solve problems in a dynamic environment.
· Demonstrated ability to take an idea from conception to successful and sustainable execution.
· Skilled in diagnosing the need for, designing and implementing individual, team, inter group and organization wide interventions, such as:
· Individual: coaching, training, career planning and process improvement.
· Team: team building, conflict management, process consultation.
· Inter group: conflict management, third party intervention, inter organizational development, cross functional training.
· Organization wide: structural change, change management, strategic planning, survey feedback.
· A demonstrated high level of consulting, influencing and decision making skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to lead, manage, and collaborate in multiple and diverse projects.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to make presentations and create written reports.
· Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish rapport at all levels of the Home Office and Field, as well as external audiences.
· High degree of self-motivation with leadership and initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals, and accepting responsibility for results.
· Masters degree or post-Bachelor degree study that supports understanding of Business, Organizational Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology; desirable.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups