At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Field Social Media Manager plays a critical role in driving awareness of Northwestern Mutual’s brand in the marketplace through the strategic planning, content creation, and distribution of social media campaigns and content to our field presence of more than 6,000 individual financial advisors.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Social Marketing, this role acts as a key connection point between our Home Office marketing efforts and the day-to-day business of our financial advisors, with a focus on delivering engaging social content, thought leadership, and paid media strategies that help them to grow their business. In addition to managing the content creation and distribution calendar, this role will also assist with the creation of training materials, workshops, and coaching sessions for field advisors. The ideal candidate is a creative marketer with a passion for storytelling, content development, and teaching others how to succeed on social media.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop social campaigns and content created exclusively for use by the field, including partnering with a team of social strategists, copywriters and designers, external agencies, and our compliance team to create & vet all outbound social posts
- Maintain our social posting schedule, using Hearsay, our social media advocacy tool
- Proactively engage with questions and requests from the field, helping our advisors elevate their individual social media pages to new heights
- Participate in the creation of training materials, how-to guides, enablement workshops, and 1-to-1 coaching sessions in order to teach our field social best practices
- Stay knowledgeable and informed on the latest features, trends, and platforms being used by top brands on social media
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of our field social efforts
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
- 2+ years of past professional experience in related positions (such as brand marketing, digital marketing, social media and content marketing)
- Previous experience managing social channels for a business or agency clients
- Proficiency in Hearsay or other social media advocacy tools such as Dynamic Signal, Everyone Social, etc, or the ability to pick up such tools quickly
- Financial services or regulated industry experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to translate complex ideas or concepts into short, snackable social media content.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, social tactics and strategies that generate leads and brand awareness. A desire to continuously innovate as social platforms and capabilities evolve.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and constantly seeking out and identifying opportunities to drive the business forward
- Coach mindset, and a drive to help our field better understand how to use social media to grow their business
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated record of partnering and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to navigate complex compliance concerns
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups