At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong and vibrant group of advisors. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD) function, which is at the forefront of working across the company’s headquarters and the nation-wide group of advisors to achieve sales and growth objectives.
What's the role?
The Field Rewards Intermediate Transaction Analyst interprets data accurately to research, analyze, and resolve cases within primary area function/process; may still be acquiring higher level skills; may have general knowledge of multiple functions/processes.
- Interprets data accurately to research, analyze, and resolve cases within primary area function/process; may still be acquiring higher level skills; may have general knowledge of multiple functions/processes.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to correctly identify problems, escalating issues as needed.
- Makes appropriate and accurate decisions with strong knowledge of standard processes, systems, business rules, and procedures; may require application of non-standard policies and procedures to complete work.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Specialist, or Mentor, may handle more complex casework.
- Completes cases within defined turnaround times
Team Responsibilities (25%):
- Gives and receives regular feedback/information in an open and positive manner.
- Helps others with additional casework as needed.
- Tries new ways of challenging the status quo and changing the way we work.
- Contributes to a positive environment by openly communicating new ideas/solutions, perspectives and experiences in team meetings, training sessions, 1x1s and huddles.
- Demonstrates behaviors that reflect and support our company and department values, vision, and culture of learning/growth
- Acts in a manner necessary to achieve organizational results (i.e. big picture).
- Organizes work in a manner that allows team members to easily locate and complete casework when needed.
Customer Experience (10%):
- Handles and takes ownership of standard and non-standard communications (phone, email) with the Field and Home Office partners.
- Communication is professional, complete, accurate, timely, and effective.
- Appropriately escalates exceptions to Manager, Specialist, or Mentor as appropriate.
- Appropriately documents cases through the case management system.
Personal Learning and Growth (5%):
- Exhibits a commitment towards personal learning and growth.
- Takes initiative to learn topics outside of core responsibilities.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum of two years of work experience demonstrating proficiency performing a variety of mathematical calculations and inputting accurate data.
- Experience should include minimum of one year of previous field compensation experience, one year of call center and/or customer service experience, or a combination thereof in a financial services environment.
- Strong demonstrated skills in analyzing complex information, problem solving, judgment, and independent decision making
- Insurance Operations Experience a helpful
- High level or organization and follow through.
- Able to identify and establish priorities to meet deadlines on multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated computer experience, including Word and Excel.
- Commitment to quality customer service.
- Has highly developed and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills proficiency within the home office and the field.
- Must handle confidential data in a manner consistent with the Privacy Information Act and Northwestern Mutual Standards
- Successful completion of any appropriate pre-employment testing.
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will offer reasonable accommodations
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups