At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Services complex and unique inquiries, as well as escalated referrals from others.
- Responsible for problem resolution on all calls.
- Independently makes decisions on complex casework/inquiries and provides guidance to others on decisions based on strong knowledge and excellent analytical skills.
- Researches and evaluates problems using available resources, making exceptions as appropriate (based on customer needs and business stewardship), in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively and independently handles complaints, sensitive issues and complex case assignments beyond the scope of the staff.
- Proactively identifies areas of development and improvement through observation and seeking input from others. Shares discoveries with manager and others.
- Gives and receives regular feedback/information in an open and positive manner. Leads coordination of work/time of others, including process improvement events and activities.
- Assists in setting objectives of teams and helps manage time/workflow of staff.
- Acts as a facilitator to promote teamwork and enhance team interaction.
- Persuades, influences, and negotiates with others to influence action on the right things; meeting objectives and achieving desired solutions.
- Demonstrates behaviors that reflect and support our company and department values, vision, and culture of learning/growth
- Provides training, consultation and follow-through for staff regarding new products, product enhancements and system and procedural changes.
- Updates/maintains visual management and/or metrics, which may include; Standard Work, Timings, PICK Chart, Performance Control Board (PCB), Manage for Daily Improvement (MDI) dashboard, etc. Interprets and shares insights with leadership and staff.
- Develops training materials and supports trainees through training, coaching, checking, proficiency monitoring and reinforcement.
- Conducts audits and takes appropriate action to address employee development needs and provides performance feedback to the manager.
- Independently seeks, investigates and implements process improvements.
- Participates and/or leads committees, projects, initiatives; acts as a liaison across division/department.
- Approaches problems from all perspectives; customer, company and standards.
- Effectively prioritizes multiple projects within and outside of immediate work area.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum three years of insurance operations experience.
Minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in customer service.
Demonstrated leadership and mentoring/coaching experience.
Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and solve problems involving ambiguity.
Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to assess the communication skills of others.
Demonstrated ability to positively influence, work cooperatively and negotiate with all levels of employees.
Demonstrated ability to proactively manage change.
Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple assignments with little or no direction.
Experienced in leading process improvement, product introduction, system enhancement or other project and committee efforts.
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups