At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Field Events, as the Strategy Consultant you will design and conduct learning needs assessments to ensure programs address root cause issues and provide depth and scope for lasting impact. The Strategy Consultant will ensure learning objectives are established for effective agenda and curriculum design and use strong instructional design principles in doing so.
- Consult with business partners regularly to conduct needs assessments and identify common and core knowledge gaps
- Knowledge of instructional design process from needs assessment through evaluation to develop highly effective learning events
- Recommend learning solutions that supports enterprise objectives
- Assess, design, develop, and implement best practices that support adult learning audiences
- Conduct post-learning-event review/analysis to evaluate whether the event met established objectives and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Work on projects that require business partner collaboration and process improvement strategies that support change management
- Utilize input from business partners to plan, develop, customize and implement appropriate instructional content and delivery mechanisms to achieve maximum learning and development results
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of consulting experience in learning event planning, adult learning principles and the establishment and measurement of learning objectives
- Ability to work independently by evaluating situations and issues and making good, sound judgment and decisions quickly and to the benefit of NM
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and direct people of all levels in a positive manner
- Must be able to recommend new ideas and influence change
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments and issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrate NM behaviors: deliver exceptional experience, solve for the client, be a talent multiplier, lead with enterprise vision, challenge the status quo, play to win
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups