At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you ready for a new and challenging opportunity that will take you to the next level?
“Take the initiative, make it your own, try new things, expand your horizons” this is what the Hiring Manager wants from you.
Some things you will love about the company:
- Values – community, engaged, family first, philanthropy, policy holder driven business
- An entire floor dedicated to exercise equipment and related fitness facilities.
- Relationship based business (communications are critical)
- Free lunches, yes FREE lunches - at Northwestern Mutual we have with professional chefs preparing multiple lunch options every day. Our lunches are about more than delicious food. They are a dedicated time in your day to network and make connections throughout the organization.
What you will love about the role:
- Variety, many levels and types of engagement
- Showcase your story telling skills
- Meaningful, impactful, expand into under-represented markets,
- Engage and expand our diversity and Inclusion work in the field
How you will get it done:
You will coordinate and implement communication programs, initiatives, and campaigns that align with Northwestern Mutual's strategic corporate communication priorities. In this role you will inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the field, employees and other partners.
- Plan, manage and implement communication programs, projects and initiatives that align employees with department direction and strategic priorities.
- Lead committees and task forces in developing communication initiatives that support the department business direction, goals and objectives. Work on increasingly complex programs, initiatives, and campaigns that are already established with some degree of planning complexity and scope.
- Identify metrics to measure the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Recommend, develop, implement and maintain communication standards for department. Assure that quality standards are present in departmental communications.
- Be open to guidance and direction.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to absorb information and convert to an understandable format.
- Ability to build rapport, engage with and gain acceptance at all levels.
- Ability to solve problems and analyze possible solutions to make business decisions.
- Competitive base pay
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups