At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual’ s Private Debt and Equity group is a committed investor in the private markets, partnering with leading private equity firms and corporations for the past 30+ years. This dedication has led private equity firms and corporations around the world to rely on us to provide the strategic funding necessary to support leveraged transactions and capital investments.
An experienced investment analyst with Northwestern Mutual Capital is responsible for evaluating direct private equity and debt investment opportunities across a wide range of industries. The analyst works alongside senior deal team members to assist in all aspects of the transaction, including analyzing, modeling, and monitoring investments. The role offers a diversified exposure to private equity and fixed income investing, and analysts are heavily involved in the development of cash flow models, investment theses, and various risk analyses. As analysts develop in the role they are expected to take on more responsibility within the organization by coordinating and communicating directly with corporate executives and presenting investment opportunities directly to the senior members of Northwestern Mutual Capital. The Pre-MBA NMC analyst program provides a unique opportunity to engage with NMC’s Private Equity partners, develop a strong analytical framework, and succeed in a high-volume, lean deal team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Four-year undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or mathematics and a track record of academic excellence.
- One-to-three years of relevant experience: investment banking, equity research, private equity, corporate development.
- A broad knowledge of investments, an understanding of economic forces affecting a wide range of industries, proficiency in accounting, strong financial modeling skills, and intellectual curiosity
- The ability to communicate effectively is also required.
- The Investment Analyst position is a two-year assignment with further opportunities and promotions for high performers.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups