At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
- Think through sophisticated features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the sophisticated feel simple.
- Understanding of comprehensive experience design as digital, physical and human design.
- Work under the direction of a more senior UX designer, while still having ownership over their work.
- Follow an iterative design process to ideated and validate design ideas.
- Understand established design patterns, and know when to follow them and when to break them.
- Understand how to leverage qualitative and quantitative research insights to advise design decisions, and how to craft an MVP with a longer term vision in mind.
What You'll Need:
- To be a self-starter who is user-focused, detailed, and solutions-oriented.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of user-centered design, visual design, brand development, and how products and services work together.
- An utmost passion for understanding the user, and a solid communicator of the user's perspective throughout the design process.
- An understanding that UX is more than just UI, but includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Solid understanding of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done.
- A strong online portfolio available for viewing.
Tuition reimbursement, paid time off, paid volunteer days, and caregiver time off. Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k) and company pension program
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups