At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
This Experience Designer will be a part of the Digital Innovation team that works out of the Cream City Labs space. We work in small cross-functional pods of product managers, engineers, and designers evaluating short-term experiments to help the rest of the company innovate. Your responsibilities within the pod will be to help take an idea, evaluate the opportunity, and develop the experiment to test if it is a viable addition to Northwestern Mutual’s ecosystem. Our ideas are sourced from around the company through employee submissions, hackathons, emerging trends, and senior leadership. It's a great environment for people who like variety in the type of work that they do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in a fun environment where experimentation isn’t just encouraged it’s a way of life.
- Developing experiments and creating designs that support the experiment to target an audience’s problem we are trying to solve.
- Collaborating with a pod that includes a product manager and engineers to take a project from research all the way to prototype.
- Incorporate multiple perspectives into mockups & prototypes utilizing best in class tools, methods, and processes.
- Driving usability, accessibility, responsiveness and other properties through design execution.
- You may be working on more than one short-term experiment at a time.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- At least 2 years' of industry experience required
- You have experience working on a diverse set of complex, highly transactional, data intensive digital products & services.
- Demonstrate a well-rounded set of digital design skills with primary emphasis on interaction design and information architecture with secondary abilities in research and visual design.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of relevant psychological and other social science topics and their application to product design.
- You an advocate for design process and methods, and have experience teaching non-designers how they can make use of them and gain value from their practice for themselves.
- While you are responsive to direction, as a UX Designer, you are learning to set your own direction in order to meet co-designed success criteria.
- You are strategic and outcome oriented and present your work based on a critical eye to the business.
- You have a detailed design process that is responsive to common heuristics and critical principles.
- You are not only proficient in relevant tools of the trade but explore tools & tooling in order to always be ready to switch to the next best in class tool.
- You use your communications and social skills to influence partners, peers, superiors, and partners, as well as to clearly communicate requirements, requests, and responses.
- Experience in a regulated industry like financial/banking, insurance, &/or healthcare
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups