At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients. Data is a critical driver of this approach, and a cornerstone for how NM engages with its customers. To help guide the effort, NM’s Chief Data Officer (CDO) is seeking a highly organized, proactive and motivated Executive Assistant.
Provides administrative support to an executive level officer of the senior leadership team. Acts as a liaison and first point of contact with internal and external customers, vendors, and employees in regard to all requests and all correspondence. Understands and keeps up-to-date on the business’ organization structure, policies, goals and objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manages the executive’s calendar, travel arrangements and schedules meetings and appointments, while proactively navigating scheduling conflicts.
- Takes on special projects for the department such as holiday parties and off sites
- Oversees and monitors all correspondence; emails, calls, mail, etc.
- Drafts communications, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets. May conduct research and generate reports by collecting data from various tools or consolidating information.
- Manages meetings; prepares agendas and presentations, takes meeting minutes, etc.
- Files and organizes all documents both paper and electronic including emails, reports, presentations, etc.
- Manages and monitors expenses.
- May provide work direction to other administrative staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in handling materials and sensitive information.
- Five or more years of administrative assistant experience.
- Associates degree or specialized training or equivalent experience; college degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office at advanced levels.
- High degree of organization and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, innovative, and proactive to anticipating the needs to support executive leader
- Ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups