At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Provides administrative support typically to the Chief Technology Officer. Exercises a high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy to support the department/area with limited supervision. Familiar with a variety of organization concepts, practices and procedures. Ensures duties are completed accurately and delivered in a high quality and timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of office and administrative functions; manages schedules and business travel, maintains supplies, helps prepare meeting agenda, takes minutes, etc.
- Identifies efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Coordinates department meetings/town halls/committee meetings and events; prepares agenda, materials, etc.
- Maintains high level of organizational awareness and has the ability to network across the company and within the EA community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills while leading and participating in activities supporting the Executive Team.
- Prepares and provides information needed; prepares internal reports, collects and analyzes information, prepares presentations, etc.
- Assists in the employee experience by coordinating employee events, team communication, and onboarding/orientation to the department.
- Works effectively across the administrative assistant community, contributing to a sense of team, works on or may lead projects as requested.
- May provide work direction to other administrative or temporary staff.
- Other department specific duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in handling materials and sensitive information.
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience.
- Associates degree or specialized training or equivalent experience; college degree preferred.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc), Slack, Zoom, and day to day tools at advanced levels.
- Ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to operate with discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information is a must – prior experience operating in a similar way is required.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups