At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
We are looking for a multidimensional person to provide administrative support to the VP of Risk Selection Strategy. This role will exercise a high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy to support the department/area with limited supervision. Familiar with a variety of organization concepts, practices and procedures. Ensures duties are completed accurately and delivered in a high quality and timely manner.
How you will do it:
- Performs a variety of office maintenance and administrative functions; handles schedules and business travel, maintains supplies, prepares invoices and monitors expenses/budgets, takes minutes, etc.
- Identifies efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Coordinates department meetings/town halls/committee meetings and events; prepares agenda, materials, etc.
- Prepares and provides information needed; prepares reports, collects and analyzes information, prepares presentations, etc.
- Assists in the employee experience by coordinating employee events, team communication, and onboarding/orientation to the department.
- Works on or may lead projects as requested.
- May provide work direction to other administrative or temporary staff.
- Other department specific duties as assigned.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs?
- Five or more years of administrative assistant experience.
- Associates degree or niche training or equivalent experience; college degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office at sophisticated levels.
- High degree of organization and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Ability to handle and prioritize and adapt to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups