At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is seeking a talented and agile User Experience Lead interested in joining an innovative, results-oriented, and fast-paced practice effecting the Company on a wide range of issues as the Company works to transform how clients experience security.
What's the role?
The User Experience Lead is a user-centered, designer who is committed to creating appealingly simple experiences, and delightful moments of interaction. The Lead can think through complex flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple. This is a hands-on role the Lead is expected to create design work, as well as inspire and guide junior designers. The Lead will help define and drive the future of the Northwestern Mutual product experience from awareness to long-term engagement for the home office.
Bring Your Best!
What this role needs:
The User Experience Lead is a user-centered, innovative designer who is committed to creating beautifully simple experiences, and delightful moments of interaction. The Lead can think through complex flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple. This is a hands-on role the Lead is expected to create design work, as well as inspire and guide junior designers. The Lead will help define and drive the future of the Northwestern Mutual product experience from awareness to long-term engagement, and for the home office.
- Four+ years’ experience designing interfaces for large-scale digital experiences and applications
- A passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user's perspective throughout the design process
- An understanding that UX is more than just UI, but includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more
- Extensive knowledge of best in class interaction design patterns across a variety of platforms, and the drive to push beyond and to create forward-thinking work
- A love of good design craft, and a sensitivity to the basic principles of graphic design
- A track record of working collaboratively with other designers, researchers, engineers, and product owners
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done
- A strong online portfolio available for viewing
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups