At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for case work for affluent clients and business owners, and developing and maintaining industry-leading financial planning and life insurance product positioning expertise. Understanding of estate, business, retirement and financial planning concepts and how risk and investment products intersect. Ability to prepare comprehensive financial plans for clients using Concierge Planning’s proprietary planning process and output.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
- Analyzing existing insurance/ investment products a client may own
- Recommending appropriate insurance product solutions
- Creating insurance illustrations and/or investment proposals
- Ability to coordinate work with other areas of the Home Office such as underwriting or specialty markets.
- Building financial plans with or without collaboration from others with an emphasis on fitting products and solutions into the estate and/or business markets.
- Organizing case work and coordinating advisor communication
- Run and participate in client meetings with the advisors
- Staying current with the latest company products and strategies as well as understanding what is happening in the marketplace
- Various projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, actuarial, finance or IS.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in insurance sales, insurance products, or life insurance sales support. Deep subject matter expert in life insurance, and willingness and ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Business planning expertise strongly preferred, or the ability to learn.
- CLU, ChFC and/or CFP strongly preferred.
- Series 6 or 7 required (within 6 months of hire).
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships with financial advisors and others in the Home Office.
- Has an excellent understanding of life insurance and product positioning for affluent clients and business owners.
- Team player, with the ability to work with others frequently.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 6 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups