At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
We’re seeking talented software engineer with a desire to build Northwestern Mutual’s future through modern software applications.
This role will have three components:
- Help us establish frontend and backend design patterns
- Help us enhance and grow our existing components
- Help us support, troubleshoot, and manage our application design and integrations
Technologies We Use:
What you’ll get to do:
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Provide solutions for UX and UI problems during planning and development
- Write automated tests via TDD to foster effective, reusable, and flexible code
- Build logic in isolated, independent, reusable components
- Ability to tackle problems, independently and as part of a team
- Debug and troubleshoot integration with new API’s
- Modern software development and design tools and techniques; Make changes to and create data models for persisting application data
What we’re looking for?
- A minimum of three years of professional web development or programming experience is preferred.
- Passionate about creating high-quality, flexible code
- Strong understanding of REST API principles and best practices and proficient with Git
- Familiarity with data structures and the ability to pick and use the right one for the task.
Experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, or DB2)
- 2-4 years of experience preferred with using APIs including data CRUD operations, JSON data structures, authentication, and documentation
- Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work independently and within a team of diverse skills. Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Modern Java experience
- Expertise with Express
- Basic understanding of design patterns
- Proficiency in building modular applications
- Knowledgeable on Microservices and/or Service-Oriented Architecture
- Knowledgeable on security principles (OWASP)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetess
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups