At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a member of the Privacy & Records Management team, the Records and Information Management Consultant will partner across the enterprise with data collectors, data stewards, data owners and data custodians to develop, manage and maintain effective data inventory and cataloging with consistent retention and destruction principles. The Privacy and Records Management team strives to provide unwavering privacy and Information management principles and promises to our customers and our enterprise holistically.
- Accountable for development, administration, alignment and advancement of enterprise records management policies, decision/direction statements and procedures; ensures they are communicated and implemented throughout the affiliate family of companies.
- Oversees the Records Retention Administration process; includes the Departments’ Records Retention Schedules, Records Center and the Vital Records Program for the enterprise
- Consults/advises project teams to ensure records regulations and best practices are addressed in the Home Office and the Field; influences projects with regulatory and business requirement expertise
- Leads efforts with Data Governance, Law, Compliance, IS, Tax and Audit to ensure company adherence to regulatory obligations and records management policy and best practices
- Responsible for enterprise–wide employee records management training and education in order to help employees understand their responsibilities in maintaining a compliant Corporate Records Management Program
- Independently leads and executes complex enterprise-wide projects
- Develops and manages the monitoring process for all entities/departments to ensure compliance with records retention regulations and policies
- Assists in strategic operational planning and direction for Corporate Records Management Program objectives
- Advises the Electronic Communication Compliance Consultant and the IS Records Management Consultant
- Provides configuration expertise and ongoing consultation regarding all Enterprise Content Management-related systems
- Indirectly manages and provides guidance to the Records Management Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Records Management, Information Science or Business
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience/knowledge of large-scale business operations/processes to include extensive experience in records management industry standards and best practices
- Certified Records Manager designation preferred
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and influence (without authority) across departments and project teams
- Proven ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships within the Home Office and the Field
- Proven ability to understand and apply transformational advancements that support data governance, lifecycle of data management, electronic and paper records, and privacy obligations.
- Proven ability to effectively partner across the enterprise at all levels to negotiate and gain consensus regarding records management matters
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups