At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A's, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
This is a year-long internship. Internship candidates can expect a full-time onsite internship program during the summer and part-time during the school year. Candidates must be local to the Milwaukee area.
Enterprise Compliance Team
The Northwestern Mutual Enterprise Compliance teams deliver insightful consultation and comprehensive solutions including implementation of compliance management systems, evaluation of existing systems and processes, and regulatory support for the Company. The team focuses on the assessment, and transformation of the processes, controls, and infrastructure needed to mitigate the wide variety of federal and state regulatory and compliance risks the organization faces. These complex requirements make it crucial to have employees with a blend of curiosity and experience to meet regulatory challenges as well as provide training and instruction on current and future needs.
- Use compliance monitoring systems to facilitate follow-up with financial representatives and home office personnel to ensure compliance with company policies and regulations
- Review transaction activity across multiple product lines to identify any suspicious transaction activity and document your findings
- Assist with updating existing policies and procedures as well as creating new ones
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Compliance, Business or related OR currently in Law School and pursuing a JD degree
- Junior actively pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and be in good academic standing
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail; capable of winning concessions without damaging relationships
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; and can effectively cope with change
- Demonstrate expertise in MS Office
- Commitment to an internship that lasts one-two years, including part-time during the school year
- Full-time hours June -August (40 hours/week)
- Requirement to extend part-time hours of internship role through the Fall 2024 and Spring 2025 semesters
We encourage you to apply! Once your application is reviewed, if selected to move forward, one of our team members will reach out for a call, where we will learn more about you and share internship opportunities aligning to your interests and skillsets and share any next steps of our recruiting process.
Who we are
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation, preservation, and distribution. With more than $290 billion in assets, $30 billion in revenues and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million clients. People are the power behind Northwestern Mutual, and diversity makes us better. We are committed to reflecting and serving the marketplace. We do so by attracting and improving the engagement of those who bring their outstanding perspectives, ideas, and beliefs. At Northwestern Mutual, people matter. And you’ll be working for a company that’s consistently voted among the “most admired” in the nation. We invite you to explore your career interests with us.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Pay rates for internships are determined based on academic tenure and major.
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups