At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The mission of the Enterprise Automation function is to relentlessly pursue seamless experiences for our clients, field, and employees by integrating experience-led process improvement methodologies and workflow automation capabilities. Our function takes a collaborative, end-to-end, process-first approach to automation as we drive sustainable process improvements for existing experiences, and design and deliver processes that drive new experiences.
As a member of the Discovery, Insights, and Analytics team within Enterprise Automation, this role provides impactful data visualization and analysis to inform this mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements user-friendly data visualization solutions which inform, guide, support, and enable data-driven decisions.
- Accesses and prepares data from various internal and external sources for visualization and analysis.
- Utilizes appropriate statistical and analytical methods to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Researches and evaluates process and task mining solutions to assist with automation discovery work.
- Performs current state- future state modeling of business processes.
- Innovates new metrics to describe and analyze complex business processes.
- Provides consultation to business partners and participates in cross-functional teams to address visualization and analytical needs.
- Applies knowledge of key performance indicators, objectives and key results, and other metrics to understand business performance and outcomes.
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into audience-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Influences and shares best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, standards and processes.
- Effectively manages and prioritizes multiple concurrent projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that emphasizes data analysis (e.g., Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business).
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in data analytics that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Experience in visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau.
- Experience with data querying and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability to be adaptable to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to generate new insights and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups