At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you in search of an opportunity to grow with an outstanding and multifaceted company? Here at NM we have an excellent opportunity for an Enterprise Architect to join a company of choice and enjoy the best of both worlds: The strong foundation and resources of a growing organization built over more than 160 years, alongside a progressive, fast-paced IT team working with the latest and greatest technology! Look no further we have the opportunity for you!
Reference Architecture Architect Objectives:
- Assist Enterprise Architecture in orienting its standard products toward the highest value for the enterprise. Products include: Reference Models, Patterns and Pattern Implementation Guidance.
- Lead the NM Reference Architecture Library and ensure it evolves to meet the needs of consumers of its contents as well as meets the needs of those that participate in developing content.
- Assist Solution Architects of major enterprise efforts in applying Patterns, Standards, Best Practices and Implementation Guidance.
- Promote and integrate the NM Reference Architecture Library with various teams outside EA to drive adoption
Key Knowledge and Abilities of a Successful Reference Architecture Architect:
- Reference Architecture
- Broad and very high-level understanding of App/Data/Tech/Security concepts
- Conceptual level understanding of certain technologies and software architecture methods
- Ability to know and empathize with NM Reference Architecture Library customers and understand needs
- Ability to identify NM Reference Architecture Library product opportunities
- Ability to perform NM Reference Architecture Library product visioning and definition
- Ability to partner with various NM Reference Architecture product development teams to determine roadmaps and priority of backlog items
- Ability to drive the use of significant metrics and measure impact of the NM Reference Architecture Library
- Ability to influence/move the organization without authority
- Ability to cultivate common understanding and convergence of thinking across the organization
- Ability to resolve material differences of opinions
- Ability to communicate and influence senior level leaders through Director level
- Ability and desire to research and perform self-study to obtain knowledge as the situation demands
- Ability to use the knowledge of others
Successful Individual in this role must have the capacity for and enjoy:
- High Amounts of Broad Cross Organization Interaction and Collaboration -- The broadness of the work involves converging and weaving common understanding and conviction across multiple areas of business, product and technology given the situation.
- Organization – Ensure that technology solution information is easily accessible and intuitive to locate for software architects and engineers.
- Learning about How to Solve Technology Problems at Scale – The NM Reference Architecture Library is a resource that provides the Technical Organization massive leverage for how problems get solved in consistent, proven and efficient ways.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups