At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a results-oriented and driven software engineering manager to join the Field Rewards team at Northwestern Mutual. You will manage and lead a team of engineers to build and deliver systems to our field force. The engineering manager will partner closely with business and product areas to set timelines, establish and negotiate requirements and design and deliver products and features. The ideal candidate can come up with simple solutions to complex problems and sets the example for the rest of the team by directly contributing to results in creative and innovative ways.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch
- Maven or Gradle
- JMS, JDBC
- Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Writing & consuming RESTful APIs
- Linux/Unix & shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD experience (we use gitlabCI)
- Automated testing: unit, integration, regression
Additional skills & experience that would help:
- ETL experience
- messaging technologies like IBM MQ, Kafka, Mule
- AWS terraforming
- Github or gitlab
- Previous experience in the Financial Services sector (investments, insurance, banking, payroll systems)
Education / Experience
- BS in computer science, engineering or an equivalent field
- 5+ years of proven experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups