At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
We are seeking a hardworking IAM Engineering Manager who will be accountable for a full range of management responsibilities including communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions. Participant in functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by managing adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures as an NM frontline manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for providing guidance and escalation avenues for the business unit based on understanding the business values, goals, work processes and workflows
- Responsible for evaluation, review and approval of risk assessment and risk management strategies and processes in order to establish a foundation for appropriately managing systems and data risks
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for their products
- Provides technical leadership to team
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices across department
- Mentors, guides and coaches’ engineers within their division for technical and leadership growth
- Recruits, hires and onboard talent within respective department, ensuring the right mix of talent within team
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile method
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to step forward to address difficult issues
- Capable of presenting between product, engineering, and the business
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
- Strong stakeholder leadership skills
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups