At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is seeking a Content Consultant to support the production and publication of content on the company’s intranet portal. In this role, the content consultant will help with operational needs such as coaching, advising and consulting with partners across the enterprise, training on content process from writing to design and developing content consistent with our governance and service model. Key to this role is the ability to develop and maintain excellent consultative relationships with content owners, coaching them to achieve self-sufficiency. Understanding of how content is shared and consumed within an enterprise setting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface copy for home office experiences. Develop, write, and publish page-level content.
- Implement content strategy methodologies to help plan for the creation, delivery and governance of useful, usable content.
- Organize content team workshops to shape, develop, maintain and document evolving content style guide. Foster best practices among content owners.
- Train and support content owners on system process to create and publish content.
- Collaborate with research, UX and visual designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to deliver compelling solutions.
- Advocate for solutions that balance the needs of customers with business objectives.
- Develop content processes to support a cohesive ecosystem Act as a subject matter expert, presents and rationalizes work to stakeholders.
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Help define a clear and repeatable process so others throughout the organization better understand how to work with the content strategy team. Enforce governance model, i.e. monitoring for out-of-date- content
- Advise content owners on search engine optimization, include appropriate use of metadata tagging.
- Facilitate connections between content owners and employee content contributors
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- B.A. in journalism, Communications, English, marketing, journalism, PR, digital media or related field
4-5 years of previous experience in UX writing and/or content strategy work in a professional setting.
Experience mentoring/informally leading others.
Experience working product, marketing or tech organizations, agencies, freelance.
Strong writing skills and command of the English language (grammar, spelling and vocabulary).
Proficient at UX writing.
Ability to adhere to brand voice, tone and style requirements.
Practice content strategy methodologies including content auditing, defining taxonomies for tagging, governing content, etc.
Worked with data-driven approaches that take into consideration-business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis, and research.
Ability to juggle multiple projects; adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
Ability to collaborate, seek clarity and work independently to execute on tasks.
Willingness to help teammates and learn from them.
Strong work ethic and ability to maintain high levels of output.
Openness to receive feedback/constructive critiques as well as provide it.
Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill.
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Able to communicate difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups