At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Hybrid position. M, T, W onsite at the Franklin corporate office.
At Northwestern Mutual (NM) we are changing how people think about financial planning. We are redefining and reinventing the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Help us build for the future!
What is the role?
We are seeking an experienced Technical Architect. This position will primarily focus on application and technology architecture review, planning, and testing of Disaster Recovery capabilities of application and technology services. We believe the ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Modern Technology platforms, architectures, and patterns (WebSphere, VMWare, AWS, Mainframe, and hyper-converged infrastructure)
- Enterprise Disaster Recovery methodologies and best practices
The main focus of work will be around:
- Provide guidance to build recovery procedures and execute various DR tests to recover technology services
- Assess, identify, and aid in the remediation of critical risks to application, infrastructure, and enterprise recoverability
- Create DR patterns for infrastructure services
- Define realistic DR scenarios and facilitate the build of recovery procedures
- Establish and enforce adherence to DR standards and best practices
- Create and maintain application and technology recovery sequence
- Technology resiliency testing (High Availability / Disaster Recovery/ Chaos testing)
- Functional DR exercises to validate Business recovery capabilities
- Conduct Distributed, Cloud, and Mainframe platform DR tests
- Disaster Recovery gap identification and manage their remediation and closure
We are looking for:
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Experience participating in orchestrated enterprise planning methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Experience with Enterprise Technology planning and delivery software (e.g., JiraAlign, Jira)
- Knowledge of Disaster and Cyber Threat Recovery
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field; or work experience beyond the minimum required
- Familiarity with enterprise technologies, including compute, storage, database, middleware, virtualization, AWS services, firewalls, VPN, and load balancers
- Knowledge of methods used in performing risk analysis
- Optimally interact with business and IT units to provide end-to-end disaster recovery solutions
- Ability to self-teach, independently drive for answers
- Effective at balancing multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to work with all levels within the business and IT organizations
- Familiarity with industry-standard disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies, including NIST and ISO 22301/27031
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
N ort hwester n Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups