At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you looking for a role with huge organizational impact? We are seeking a hardworking and experienced Senior Product Manager to support the front-end delivery of illustrations by enabling the product vision, delivering on the roadmap, gathering requirements, defining the product dependencies and partners, and facilitating ceremonies. Illustrations are key in conveying the value of Northwestern Mutual products to new and existing customers.
Our illustrations user interface will build the experiences that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams. You’ll work with hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial specialists to discover, build and launch features that enable clients to achieve financial security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enable Product Vision: Responsible for enabling product vision and appropriate positioning with key team members across the organization.
- Roadmap Alignment: Accountable for aligning to and able to communicate the roadmap.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment
- Facilitate ceremonies: Facilitate the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Requirements Dependency Alignment: Able to participate in cross functional work to solicit and coordinate key requirements dependencies relative to the accountable product
- Define the product: Responsible for multiple low to medium complexity products and product features from start to finish
- Stakeholdering: Awareness and ability to articulate the product story to a broader audience outside the internal team - additional experience and maturity in the domain
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned with a quarterly vision with an understanding of the total design process.
- Author User Stories: In partnership with the team Business Analyst, translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education. Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5 Years of prior experience with at least 4 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools. Certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role.
- Must have demonstrated cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self-awareness/EQ. Previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups