At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you obsess over customer communications? Do you love solving sophisticated business problems and advancing capabilities in support of the company’s business strategy? We have an outstanding opportunity for you as a Product Manager in Digital Product - Client Communications! You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter professionals in an agile methodology to advance our digital communication presence with our policy holders. To inspire change, you will perform business analysis of current systems and processes, provide detailed business requirements, and coordinate with business partners across the enterprise. You will be accountable for the grooming of product roadmaps and backlogs to ensure the team meets established objectives and a seamless delivery of new capabilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Product Vision: Ability to independently, and in some cases co-create with a Sr PM, the foundational vision of the product and what it is trying to solve for. Define and track critical metrics for measure of success
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and track important metrics for measure of success
- Gather Requirements: Focused on understanding the problem state and unmet needs of the client for the objective of defining the product.
- Define the product & Stakeholdering: Work with technology, design, customers/users, to shape and test the product and communicate why this is the right product, how it will work, and what defines metrics for success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education. Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 Years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Product Management Role
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, preferred to have previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
- Experienced in cross functional work in previous experience, Strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, discernment and high self awareness and EQ. Translate product requirements into technical requirements, work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups