At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Business Analyst in Northwestern Mutual’s Policy Benefits space, we work to build the digital tools and experiences that help our clients deliver on the promise of financial security to those they love. You’ll work with a hardworking team that enable our world-class Long-Term Care, Disability Insurance and Life Insurance claims experiences.
Dig deep into a specific business area and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology. Work on a multi-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and domain specialists in an agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Business Expertise : Provide deep expertise in at least one business area or domain with a broad understanding of business and domains surrounding the main focus. Articulate this knowledge as a professional at the department level. May be called on to provide insight at the enterprise level to provide detailed analysis.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Independently assess and document current state across multiple processes, business areas and domains while consulting and mentoring other Business Analysts. Think strategically in understanding business drivers to define "target state" solutions.
- Gather Requirements: Lead requirement gathering for larger efforts and across multiple business domains or from other business analysts.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with medium to high complexity and sometimes across multiple teams. Act as a subject matter expert throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Test Plan Reviews: Support solution delivery by coordinating and facilitating the business test planning and test execution by authoring, participating in, and ensuring business sign-off of testing processes for medium and large efforts.
- Leadership: Work independently and may coordinate work for others and/or provide mentorship. May provide business direction, guidance, and decisions to development and delivery teams.
- Project Management: Use advanced project management skills to lead, complete and advance work.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 Years Prior Experience demonstrating business analysis.
- Knowledge and skillset to position themselves as the communications specialist and go to resource for key information and decisions making.
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific competencies.
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups