At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work
- Creates and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data
- Utilizes analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc)
- Deliver results to Department leaders and Business Clients
- Delivers results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to business audience to support business decisions
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems
- Deep expertise in a least one business area or domain, with a broad understanding of the business and domains surrounding the main focus
- Takes & applies design direction. Applies data visualization best practices to work deliverables.
- Seeks to understand business process, user tasks, and as necessary, captures refined process documents
- Implement best practices, methodologies, standards and processes and share across teams. Occasionally contribute to the development there of.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics
- Provides consultation to business clients and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues
- Contributes to the growth & development of the organization through actively sharing result & insights across the teams and with Business Clients
- Identifies & captures business requirements, develops KPI frameworks
- Regularly applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience
- At least 4 years experience working in analytics related field
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience doing analytics work
- A t least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, report or application development that support business decisions/outcomes
- Expertise in development and application of analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool
- Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau
- Ability to access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance
- Ability to articulate this knowledge as an expert at the department level and may be called on to provide insight at the enterprise level to provide detailed analysis
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups