At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, advise on turning new insights into meaningful opportunities and outcomes, and providing the tracking and measurement of results.
Develop prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of sophisticated data sets for productization and monetization.
Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes.
Crafts new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the vital analytical precision to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- 2+ years shown experience
- Statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive, Spark, Scala, or PigProgramming experience with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, Java, or Ruby
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or SASMachine learning experience
- Ability to tell a story with data. What does the analysis tell you? What should be the next move for the business? Why do you think what is happening, is happening?
- Ability to influence others with the story of what you're seeing in the data and make business recommendations
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to lead detailed work and communicate project status optimally to all levels
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- PhD in related field a plus
Grow your career with an outstanding company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement. This is a Long-Term Temporary position expected to last 12-18 months.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups