At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Test Data Leadership/QA Lead:
This is for a position as a Quality Assurance Lead in Core Data Organization. This team is responsible for acquiring and preparing high quality enterprise information for our business partners to understand what is happening (Operational Applications), what has happened (Data ware house) and what will happen (Advanced Analytics) within their business areas.
Data is a critical driver, and a cornerstone for how NM engages with its customers. To help guide our efforts, we are seeking a Lead Test Data Engineer to provide leadership and expertise to energetic and driven data engineering teams. This role will guide both existing feature delivery testing to allow NM to meet functionality needs for our clients and field, as well as partner across the data organization to mature the test data ecosystem at NM.
As a passionate Test Data QA Lead, you will leverage both the science and the art of testing to create, maintain and drive a continuous improvement and will ensure that internal customer Quality Assurance, Quality Monitoring, and Testing obligations are satisfied.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provided day – to- day leadership and coaching to less experienced professionals
- Define, implement and maintain Quality Assurance business processes and procedures.
- Translates strategic needs into test engineering goals and milestones.
- Create test strategy, review test plans and manage QA for releases.
- Manage software quality SLA and refine metrics.
- Manage and drive automation, end to end, regression and performance testing services.
- Manage test schedules, track and monitor distribution of work & effectively communicate test progress
- Research and implement new and improved testing methods, processes, tools and tests systems.
- Drive and support the team in customer engagement to understand business, stakeholder’s issues and provide solutions from Quality aspects.
- Identify and mitigate project and/or test risks with escalation/delegation of issues to appropriate members of the project team.
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle e.g. requirements review/analysis, test planning, test execution, and test reporting and assessment.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on daily/weekly basis * Track, investigate and resolve any issues during the project execution.
- Schedule/drive meeting with respective stakeholders and document the action plan.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by successfully supporting the needs of the business community.
- Experience in presenting the test status. Metrics, Risks, Mitigation and improvement plans to stake holders.
- Maintain QA process documentation, communicate to stakeholders and hold regular QA meetings to ensure stakeholders remain knowledgeable about procedures, schedules, and KPI’s.
- Experience with structured test methodologies, process improvement, QA automation and performance testing tools.
- Experience in SDLC with Agile and/or Waterfall methodology.
- Proven experience using test management and defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Interact with project stake holders, conduct analysis and document testing scope, functions and capabilities.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Understand business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the company and its business units.
- Experience with and understanding of large scale software integration implementation.
- Strong knowledge and experience on SQL, ETL and data warehouse testing aspects
- Knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following is preferred (Test Manager, HP Quality center, IBM Rational)
- Excellent in MS Office Suit
- Code/ETL knowledge in SQL and one or more of the following: Informatica, python, scala, java, Bash, SnapLogic
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Developers and Management staff.
- 10+ Experience in Software Testing in leading the teams and hands on experience in managing testing service delivery with global teams.
- Experience with relational data engineering eco systems (preferably complex disbursed data)
- Investments and Insurance domain professional with project management and Quality Management.
- Experience and understanding with the following data technology areas preferred:
- Reading and understanding complex data models for transactional/operational, ODS, Datawarehouse and data mart applications
- ETL data testing including informatica ETL tool
- Experience working in multiple relational databases including DB2
- Experience and understanding in mainframe testing
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills. Must be able to work independently, take initiative and can handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups