At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
Investment Products and Services helps our clients grow their wealth. In other words, IPS completes the promise we’ve made to our clients. By bringing investments and insurance together into one comprehensive plan, we help our clients strive toward their complete financial picture.
Our team is adding this role to support the implementation of an enterprise system. Be a part of our digital transformation journey!
What you will do:
- Assists with accessing and extracting data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and helps implement data models.
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating technical, detailed data into business-appropriate communications and recommendations. Reports analytical results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Helps analyze investment performance data and communicate with senior management, field, and home office teams. Utilizes analytical tools to assist in quantitative analysis.
- Assures data consistency and reliability. Performs quality checks, chips in to metadata and data dictionaries, documents repeatable extract, transform and load processes.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Aids in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
- Ensures the curation of metadata (Technical, Operational, and Business) across our governed assets.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, information science, data management or related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability in data management, data governance, or data quality
- Understanding of business processes to include research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, and report or application development
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Expertise in one or more development or analytical tools such as SQL, Excel, Power BI, the MSBI suite, SAS, or other tools
- Shown excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Solid proficiency and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools, modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques
- Understanding of various types of investment performance calculations (IRR, TWR) and various performance statistics. Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines specific to data
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines specific to data
- Experience working with relational databases
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups