At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Join a team doing the important work of keeping our clients' personal data secure!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help perform data comparison testing and automate the data validation process. This role requires an Agile approach to take up new challenges and work as a teammate.
This team manages and protects non-production environments which includes remediating Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data as well as creating and configuring test environments and resolving environment/data issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply engineering standard methodologies in order to analyze and develop scripts for data validations.
- Contribute towards data refreshes and production volume data loads to non-production environments
- Write data scripts and data comparisons.
- Track and debug data issues and identify the root causes.
- Run ETL scripts and load data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1-3 years of related technical professional experience.
- Experience with ETL Data Integration Patterns and Tooling
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Nice to have –
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data comparison testing tools.
- Experience with data migration or refresh (Mainframe, Sybase and Amazon cloud etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups