At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Data Engineer on the Data Operations team, you will apply engineering standard methodologies in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support software solutions!
We are an internal customer facing group and interact with multiple departments regarding their data. We work with our customers to provide support and guidance to onboard them to UDP.
Looking for an individual who can explain technical solutions to technical teams, our DevOps team and customers.
You will contribute to a collaborative work environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual difference. We are motivated to improve both our individual and team contributions!
Collaborate with NM Development and Product teams to provide the best customer service to our customers.
Need a resource who can identify data quality issues and their root causes as well as propose fixes and design data audits.
Participate in an Agile implementation and maintenance of source control and release procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- At least 1 year of professional software engineering, debugging and software documentation experience.
- Code Knowledge: Python, Databricks, Privacera, JVM (Java, Scala),Apache Spark, SQL.
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Awareness of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Awareness of Data Integration Patterns and Tooling including ELT/ETL, EII, Replication, Event Streaming, Virtualization to support batch and real-time data needs.
- Has or develops understanding of 1-3 subject areas/domains of data.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Proficient programming skills.
- Customer Implementation
- Agile Methodologies - Basic
- Application Platforms - Intermediate
- Data Auditing - Basic
- Data Integrity - Intermediate
- Data Privacy - Basic
- Data Quality - Basic
- DevOps - Basic
- Domain Expertise - Basic
- Engineering Practices - Intermediate
- Integration Patterns - Basic
- Programming Languages - Intermediate
- Root Cause Analysis - Basic
- Software Debugging - Basic
- Software Documentation - Basic
- Software Engineering - Intermediate
- Critical Thinking - Basic
- Technical Communication - Intermediate
Written Communication - Intermediate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups