At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Business Stakeholders to understand business problems and determine solutions
- Collaborate with data consumers to identify significant datasets for analytical consumption
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, and structure data with clear definitions and sources for analytical consumption
- Ability to work together with different roles (Business Partners, Data Scientists, Analysts) to deliver creative solutions
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support data analytics products
- Proficient in Software Best Practices and Data Quality Standards
- Develop software using continuous Deployment and integration practices
- Participate in an Agile implementation and maintenance of source control and release procedures
- Participate in Code Reviews and feedback to the team
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Experience in SQL skills, background in ETL tools (such as Informatica, SSIS) and Stored Procedures and SSAS
- Knowledge of python including working with libraries such as pandas, matplotlib, numpy, scikit-learn
- Knowledge of additional programming languages like Scala, Java, R
- Knowledge of Cloud Services including Storage, Cloud Compute and Cloud Databases (for e.g. S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Snowflake or Azure/Google Cloud technologies)
- Knowledge of with Data Science and Machine Learning Pipelines working with tools like Spark, PySpark, JupyterLab, Sagemaker, Domino Data Lab, DataRobot, etc
- Knowledge of data lake design and implementation considerations including columnar storage formats (Parquet) and partitioning
- Experience navigating various types of database models and DBMS’s to build data sets for analytics and model training and development
- Understands of distributed data systems and applications
- Experience using requirement driven data models such dimensional and relational
- Understanding and awareness of regulations around the use of PII data
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with DevOps skills, as well as Infrastructure As Code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and GitLab
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups