At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
BI Data Engineer
The Insights team is cloud-based using AWS and Databricks . We are responsible for providing various data points to the Field, allowing Financial Representatives and their leaders to track product sales, their compensation, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) activities, and planning metrics through our Book of Business application. This is a great opportunity to grow with a valuable team that delivers numerous reports to the field.
What's the Role?
- Designs and performs data extraction, assessment, translation, transformation, and load (ETL) processes with minimal guidance or from prescribed specifications
- In charge of building data equity, it's underlying code, tools, databases, and related infrastructure
- Administers and maintains existing data engineering pipelines to their full extent of engineering needs
- Analyzes data needs and identifies available internal and external sources.
- Utilizes business and analytical data modeling skills to design data integration and structure approaches.
- Utilizes programming skills to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement data models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data from databases, files and spreadsheets.
- Assures data consistency and reliability. Performs quality checks, contributes to metadata and data dictionaries, documents repeatable extract, transform and load processes.
Ideal Candidate Will Meet the Following Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- 2+ years of work experience with SSIS/other ETL tool, data modeling and business intelligence big data architecture.
- 1 to 2+ years of experience in BI tools, particularly on Power BI, DAX, SSRS
- Proficient in SQL
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Proven Analytical, evaluative and problem-solving capabilities.
- Familiar with database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with data marts/warehouses
Nice to have:
- Financial Services industry background
- Cloud experience a strong plus
- Experience working with AWS S3, Databricks, python, Bash, scala, java is a strong plus
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience in automated deployment, Git, CI/CD
- Understand the nature of distributed systems design
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups