At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
Data is a critical driver of this approach, and a cornerstone for how NM engages with its customers. We are seeking a Data Engineer to deliver data solutions to meet our business needs. This role will be accountable for feature delivery to meet the needs of our clients and field, supporting and improving existing solutions, and partnering across the data organization to mature the data ecosystem at NM.
What you’ll get to do:
- Collaborate with source system technical owners, Product Owners, and Infrastructure resources to create and deploy data integration solutions to move and transform data from source systems to on-premise ODS, Data Warehouse, and AWS Cloud environments
- Follow designs and established patterns to build, test, and deploy high-quality data integration solutions
- Hands on development with various technologies including Informatica, AWS capabilities, Unix scripting, Kafka, Java and others
- Review and understand issues impacting the team and propose plans for remediation
- Monitor and handle support incidents including root cause analysis
- Partner with Quality Assurance resources to ensure adequate test coverage of solutions
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in data engineering or related field
- Experience with relational data engineering eco-systems
- Understanding of batch and real-time data integration patterns including ETL experience (Informatica, SSIS, DataStage, etc), data replication, data streaming, virtualization, etc
- Experience in writing and executing complex SQL’s
- Individuals who show a strong sense of ownership for their deliverables
- AWS Cloud experience with Kafka, API’s, Ansible etc.
- Ability to build CICD pipeline for deployments
- Infrastructure knowledge including database administration experience
- Financial Services industry background
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups