At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What will you do!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with a diverse set of Contact Centers to create/support data consumption.
- Work with our stakeholders to identify common calculations and provide that data to our stakeholders.
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support software solutions.
- Develop software using continuous Deployment and integration practices.
- Participate in an Agile implementation and maintenance of source control and release procedures.
- Participate in Code Reviews and feedback to the team.
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions.
- Identify data quality issues and their root causes. Propose fixes and design data audits.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- At least 4 years of proven software engineering, debugging, analysis, and software documentation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI
- United Data Platform knowledge would be a plus.
- Code Knowledge: Python, JVM (Java, Scala),Apache Spark, SQL.
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Basic understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good understanding of Data Quality and Data Concepts.
- Proven knowledge of Data Integration Patterns and Tooling including ELT/ETL, EII, Replication, Event Streaming, and Virtualization to support batch and real-time data needs.
- Has or develops understanding of 4-6 subject areas/domains of data.
- Proficient craftsman on Software and Quality Standards.
- Advanced programming skills.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups