At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, and structure data with clear definitions and sources for analytical consumption
- Consult with data consumers to identify meaningful datasets for analytical consumption.
- Develop data products using continuous deployment and integration practices
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support data analytics products.
- Participate in agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to the team
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in ETL including: data acquisition, cleansing, feature engineering, debugging and software documentation.
- Experience navigating various types of database models and DBMS’s to create data sets for analytics
- Experience with data validation, performing data audits, and creating data dictionaries
- Proficient programming skills
- Self-motivated and seeking to learn
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps environment
- Experience working directly with business partners to deliver value
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Experience with Python
- Experience with user adhoc tools; PowerBI is a plus.
- Understanding of analytics and data science applications
- Understanding of requirement driven data models such dimensional and relational.
- Familiar with data science projects in Python or R in a notebook environment
- Familiar with distributed data systems and applications.
- Familiar with data lake environments
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups