At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual’ s Private Debt and Equity group is a committed investor in the private markets, partnering with leading private equity firms and corporations for the past 40+ years. This dedication has led private equity firms and corporations around the world to rely on us to provide the strategic funding vital to support leveraged transactions and capital investments. The main focus will be on the investment transaction lifecycle of NMC’s technology applications. Includes deal sourcing, due diligence, valuation, portfolio monitoring, and reporting to clients.
The Data Analyst -
- Manages, transforms, and integrates portfolio data to ensure information is accurate and interpretable for analysis.
- Identifies and assists in developing key metrics and visuals that support positive business outcomes.
- Creates Power BI dashboards to improve operational efficiency and support portfolio management.
- Assists with data/reporting to respond to investor requests, preparation of marketing materials, and quarterly reporting.
- Engages users with newly developed tools to create a virtuous cycle in which users create and consume data.
- Clearly documents standards and processes.
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Proficient in Power BI data modeling and dashboard development
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge with database extract and warehousing tools
- Trained to interpret, scrub, process, and explain data
Nice to have
- Snowflake, Incorta, Databricks
- Python, PySpark
- MS Dynamics
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, Economics, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two or more years work experience in related role.
- Data-driven decision-making attitude.
- Process oriented and adept at unstructured problem solving.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to challenge the status quo in an objective way to find innovative ways of doing things.
- Attention to detail and a willingness/ability to dig into data.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups